Energy cannot be created or destroyed but is in a constant state of transformation. A raging fire that slowly becomes a pile of ash symbolizes the essence of energy transference. You, too, have internal fires that need to be nurtured rather than left to ash. Since we humans are naturally spiritual beings, we have a say as to how and where that internal energy transforms.
When you hold onto stress and tension for long enough, you end up negatively impacting your chakras. In fact, you’re the cause behind the misalignment of your chakras. Feeling disconnected from society or yourself is a number one sign that your chakras aren’t flowing in the right direction.
The body contains seven chakras, which are centers of constantly moving energy. Your chakra levels start from the top of the head and continue all the way down to the base of the spine. Each level contains a spinning energy force that balance one another out.
Low self-esteem combined with tension is the perfect recipe for an imbalanced chakra level. To figure out which chakra level needs healing requires you to answer the question, “What about my lifestyle needs improving?”
Each of your seven chakras tackles a specific issue in your life. How you handle both internal and external problems dictates the flow of energy circling within your chakras. You should think of chakras as centers where you absorb, process, and distribute your energy
Whenever you think poorly of yourself, you run the risk of withholding energy or unloading too much energy, which causes an imbalance in your chakras.
The only way to truly balance your chakras is by informing yourself about how the chakra system operates. Imbalanced chakras lead to physical and emotional issues. Once you finally commit to yoga, your energy pathways will clear up which translates to balanced chakras.
Certain yoga poses help to facilitate the proper flow of energy. It would be wise for you to incorporate these yoga poses into your daily exercise regime. Yoga does wonders for the body since the movement encourages the movement of energy in your body. Aligning your chakras just got easy thanks to yoga.
Chakras contain pure energy that continuously runs through you. Each vibration you emit stems from your thoughts, values, emotions, and childhood memories. When you perform chakra yoga, you invigorate the chakras, so they emit vibrations at the proper frequency.
Has it been a while since you last stretched? We bet you that there have been changes to your social and sex life since you stopped maintaining your flexibility. You have the power to enhance your flexibility; all you have to do is dedicate time to it.
Your chakras can easily resonate with one another when you release the tightness to tune your body into working smoothly. You release energy when you target the physical tension building in your body.
Your root chakra sits at the base of your spine and lays the foundation for how the rest of your body operates in relation with one another. The energy in the first chakra relies on materialistic ideals as well as basic survival instincts. The state of your physical health is primarily dealt with the root chakra.
Your legs and feet are extensions of this chakra, so any pain having to do with your back or legs means that your root chakra needs aligning. A balanced first chakra has you feeling loved and valued. A hatred for existence is a sign of unbalanced root chakra.
Root Chakra Yoga Pose: Crow Pose
- Stand up tall with your legs wide apart. You want to distribute your weight equally, so you have no problem balancing yourself. Make sure you feel the ground beneath you.
- Next, you’ll want to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground and continue to squat as far as you can without your feet popping up.
- Press your palms together and place them in front of your chest as if you’re praying. To ensure you maintain proper posture, place your elbows against the inside of your knees and keep your spine straight.
- Holding the position, you’ll want to inhale and exhale slowly and deeply. You can hold this pose for as long as you want, but people don’t usually go over three minutes.
- To get out of the crow pose, you should release your hands and guide yourself to rest on your back.
Sacral Chakra Yoga Pose: Revolved Triangle Pose
- You’ll have to start in pyramid pose. If you’re a beginner, it’s recommended you place a yoga block near the right foot. You should be able to reach down and use the block as a stable base for stretching.
- Take your right hand and place it on your hip crease, so both your right and left hips are aligned. After you adjust your hips, begin to twist your torso to the right slowly.
- Depending on how secure you feel, you can stay in this position or stretch your right arm straight to the sky. Your shoulders should be aligned as well as your hips.
- Only hold this position for a couple of breaths and revert to pyramid pose to repeat on the left side.
Solar Plexus Chakra: Boat Pose
Your solar plexus chakra handles your self-esteem and ego, and it is located right near your navel area. When you have low self-esteem, this is the chakra that needs attention. Yoga poses that build core strength is ideal for aligning your solar plexus chakra.
- You have to sit down on the floor with your knees bent and your feet placed on the mat.
- Continue to firmly place your hands near your hips so you can lift your chest. This makes it easy to elongate your spine.
- Target your core by leaning back and lifting your legs up while keeping your chest pointed to the ceiling. You can increase the intensity of the boat pose by sending your arms forward straightening your legs completely.
- Since this is an intense yoga pose, hold it for 20 to 35 seconds.
To empathize and connect with others, your heart chakra needs to function without any blockages. Yoga poses that open your heart space encourages unconditional love to enter your life.
Heart Chakra Yoga Poses
- Heart-Centering Meditation
A combination of these two poses will provide the ideal outcome of aligning your heart chakra.
If you’re having issues with communication and connecting with others,
Throat Chakra Yoga Pose: Camel Pose
- Sit on your knees but make sure to place them hip-width apart. Take your hands and place them on the back of your hips.
- Press your thighs and hips forward when you inhale. You have to keep your heart up at all times.
- Take your shoulder blades and press them as close together as possible. This opens open the pose more, which is good for your throat chakra. Continue to take deep breaths while you tilt your head back and open your throat.
Third Eye Chakra
The invisible eye in the middle of your eyebrows is where you’ll find your sense of intuition aka your third eye chakra. The poses that invigorate this chakra are some of the simplest because they focus on the mind rather than a physical excursion.
Third Eye Yoga Poses
- Child’s pose
- Cat/cow pose
Everyone knows these two beginner yoga poses, so there’s no need to provide detailed instructions on each pose.
Forget about relying on some physicians for treating your chronic condition when you can take matters into your own hands. Yoga does wonders for the body so let it treat whatever chakra needs balancing.